Bring out the festive cheer this holiday season with these inspiring makeup looks! From subtle, classic looks to bold, daring choices – find the perfect idea for your next special event!
Seint (formerly Maskcara) Review
I first heard about Seint Beauty through one of my friends Andrea. She’s a beauty lover like me and was an esthetician before becoming a SAHM. We bonded over our love for pilates, beauty, fashion and pretty things. I knew when she became an artist for Seint that I had to at least check it out. I did a ton of research – checking out their official instagram, different artists instagrams, googled reviews and checked out Pinterest & YouTube. Admittedly, most of the reviews I found were from current Seint artists (or Seint sellers) and I really only found couple of blog posts about the make up from a non seller. You can check those out here, here & here. I was really intrigued by the cream based foundation and the IIID application so I texted Andrea to see if she’d color match me and give me the run down.
Andrea explained that one of the great things about Seint is how versatile it is. It can be be used everyday or for special events. The foundation which they call highlight can be different coverage based on the brush you use & how much you apply. Seint is all about 3 dimensional beauty & creating a natural, glowing look by applying a customized highlight, contour, lip + cheek color & illuminator.
Andrea applied 2 highlight shades, contour, lip + cheek, bronzer, & illuminator and I was honestly blown away how glowy and natural it looked. And I was under fluorescent lighting & it still looked great. It looked even better in my car mirror in natural light. I went about my day & it still looked amazing by the end of the night. I was seriously shocked especially since we didn’t use setting spray or setting powder. The cream based formula did not feel heavy on my skin and I didn’t have any negative reactions to it.
I immediately ordered one of my highlight shades (the other was sold our or else I would have bought it too), contour, blush, illuminator and the IIID brush. Because I ordered 4 tins, I got a free magnetic palette.* It arrived in a few days & I couldn’t wait to start using it. Since my main highlight color was out of stock, I had to use it with other products & it still worked well. If you aren’t ready to try cream based foundation, you could definitely try the contour, lip + cheek & illuminator with other products. I love the consistency & buildability of the cream so I literally stalked the Seint website until it was back in stock & immediately purchased it and the cream bronzer.
My skin is dry so cream is the best type of make up for me. If you have normal, combo or oily skin or during the warmer, sweatier months, you can set it with loose powder (I like this talc free option) or a setting spray.
Build Your Own Palette Colors
Main Highlight – White Peach
Brightening Highlight – Moonlit
Contour – Olive
Lip + Cheek – Hollywood (similar to Nars Orgasm)
Illuminator – Rose Gold
Bronzer – Bella
Tips and Tricks
- All the make up comes in magnetic tins that you pop into a magnetic palette. I got IIID 4 that holds 4 tins but I wish I got one that holds at least 8. The 4 is great to throw in your handbag for touch ups but I have 6 tins & they don’t all fit in it.
- Make sure your skin is clean and moisturized.
Wait a few minutes for your moisturizer to dry before applying.
- If it’s really cold either apply the cream directly on your skin with your fingers and give it a minute to warm up on your skin before blending with a brush or warm up the palette or tins between your hands or a quick burst of your hair dryer on the low setting. Think of it like butter – you want it to be room temperature so it spreads easily.
- If you use a primer, try to avoid ones with silicone. Silicone can be too grippy & it won’t blend as well.
- You can order on their website without an artist but an artist can help color match you & give you shade suggestions. The website doesn’t offer a ton of info on colors so it can be tough to pick them out on your own.
- The Lip + Cheek can be used as a blush and lip color (duh) but it can be a little drying on the lips so I always make sure I use a lip mask or balm before. I love the bite agave lip mask (link to old formula on Amazon or you can find the new formula here. I’ve only tried the old formula & love it!) or top it with the kopari lip glossy in birthday suit.
When we went to see our families over the holidays, I packed full make up collection & put my Seint palette, my baby eyeshadow palette, lipstick & mascara in a separate small bag in my diaper bag. I never used any of my other make up and literally only used the staples in my diaper bag the entire time & my make up looked amazing. I’m officially obsessed!
I love Seint Beauty’s IIID make up. I found the cream based application to work great with my skin. It’s buildable, customizable foundation. It has a small ingredient list. They do not consider themselves “clean beauty” but they use high quality ingredients that I don’t have any issues with. Seint is very transparent about their ingredients. They are paraben free, gluten free & cruelty free.